“Pop-up” workshops throughout the year designed to meet your schedule.
Workshops from the comfort of your home, on your time
Accurately reflecting the English writing system
Materials that support educators
Sign up for virtual Workshops that will introduce you to the practical application of Structured Word Inquiry.
- It starts with a word. Explore explicit, multi-sensory, and systematic ways to build student vocabulary in a logical way, incorporating semantics, morphology, etymology, and more.
- How does morphology help students construct meaning? In this workshop, we will explore how to utilize the lexical algorithm and matrix, and associated online tools within the classroom setting.
- What is etymology and why is it important for students? Discover essential terminology, review practical applications through hands on learning in this fun and engaging introduction to etymology.
- Are you working in the confines of a “workshop” model? Learn how to create accountable stations during your literacy block that will promote logic and critical thinking about the writing system.
Where is it held?
Each workshop is offered throughout the year on a rotating schedule. Please check the calendar for availability. All workshops are offered online, using Zoom, an online video conferencing platform. Once signed up, participants will receive a link to the Zoom room at least 30 minutes prior to the session. Participants will also receive slides, and handouts in PDF format at the conclusion of each workshop.
The workshop are meant for:
- Classroom Teachers
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Academic Therapists
Who is it for?
Why Should I Sign Up?
Research consistently proves the direct correlation between teacher knowledge and student outcomes in literacy. These workshops are designed to build educator knowledge in practical and fun ways. Apply new concepts to you classroom tomorrow!